June 1, 2014
Dear Ven. Geshe-la, Gen Rigpa, Gen Jampa, and Kelsang Lhachog,
I am writing once again to discuss some concerns about the NKT’s encouraging anti-Shugden people to be put in positions of power; in addition to this being detrimental to the pure spreading of the teachings, I am concerned that the NKT may be unwittingly helping the CTA’s Hit List against Shugden practitioners, as well as compromising the security of Shugden practitioner (Western or Tibetan) information generally.
I think it is very clear that we have some very anti-Shugden people teaching and managing in the NKT; I have written extensively regarding harassment at a Shugden CADC and basically being excluded from our Sangha for asking for us to stay with Geshe-la’s transmissions in the NKT. We are basically putting most Shugdens out of positions of power, in many places, especially I have noticed this in California, as that is where I live. In the NKT generally, GSD et. al., replaced people who upheld Geshe-la’s tradition (Gen Atisha, Kelsang Pema) with people who definitely have no interest in staying with our Protector or keeping our transmissions pure. People who spoke against this, like me, are cut off from any useful Sangha contact; I am only free to talk if I will agree that no one is really with the Dalai Lama, that they all love Shugden, even though I know for sure they don’t like Shugden, since that is how they have acted, and also in some cases what they directly said.
Gen-la Dekyong’s choices have left something to be desired as far as the NKT goes; the problem is that entities like the ISC or WSS plausibly believe NKT people to be with Shugden; Gen-la has assured that many people in charge are not with Shugden; those of us who are can leave or shut up and follow along with her commands. I am concerned about the ISC for several reasons:
- I was signed up for emails from the WSS, which gave me announcements from the ISC; I never received information regarding Protests from the WSS or ISC.
- The ISC’s site was not transparent regarding the Protests; sometimes we haven’t had Protests against the Dalai lama, like as far as I know when he came to San Diego a few years back, there were no protests organized
- I received no information from KMC California, regarding Protests, despite having been in the NKT longer than their current AD, and also being on their correspondence course for over a year and ½. It seems like they didn’twant Shugden people to know about the Protests in general, so we could keep the numbers down, to make His Holiness look wonderful.
- No one from KMC San Diego in general responds to anything or contacts me; I knew nothing of Protests from them; I have not been to their premises, less than 2 miles from my house, since Geshe-la’s birthday last year; I don’t like being lied to and harassed by Dalai Lama people so it is not the place for me or my kid; we have been asked to go to other temples and leave in every way possible by many of the founding members, current teaching staff, board of directors, etc. Obviously, they don’t want Shugden people over there; I think more obviously, they don’t want people that aren’t part of the take-over group over there.
- When I found out about Protests, I was sent a information by a nun (Dechok) who I had written asking for help. This was after the San Francisco Protests began; Gen-la Dekyong flew from England to be at Protests, making a show that she cares about Protests, while people like me who live in the same state where the Protests were held, were told nothing. Furthermore, it looks like just show, when Gen-la has no apparent interest in our actual dharma in the NKT remaining with pure Geshe-la teachings. It seems she is just going through the motions to stay in charge, so she can disavow Shugden as soon as Geshe-la shows passing.
- I tried to go to the Los Angles Protests; I, like anyone else signing up, had to give my name, address, phone number to be allowed to Protest. I gave this information, but was still kept from coming by the AD at KMC Hollywood and some confusion run by other ISC members (Lingpur from the ISC). I don’t like people being betrayed or lied to generally, but the stakes are high when it’s the Dalai, as he is traditionally untouchable and heavy-handed toward dissent.
- Shortly after the ISC did its American and European Protests, the CTA published a hit list, of people who were Tibetan who had protested the Dalai Lama, and their names and approximate addresses. How did they get this information? I am arguing that we have put some very dubious people in charge of things in the NKT, which makes very dubious people available to plausibly work as Shugden practitionersin the ISC; in many cases I think that they are trying to give information about us to the Dalai Lama’s people/CTA. I am sure that most of such people that work for the FMTP/CTA/Dalai Lama think they are really helping keep “His Holiness” safe from our ‘dangerous prayers’ or something, but in reality, the Dalai Lama’s CTA and other Tibetans and even some Westerners have been mistaught the tantra by the Dalai Lama. They feel it is okay to kill a few enemies to keep one man safe; if they are taught we are enemies, then their infiltrating the NKT, in turn infiltrating the ISC, and then making available information regarding western and Tibetan addresses to the CTA/other Dalai Lama organizations, is of course potentially dangerous.
- The Spokesperson Len Foley, who has never seemed sincerely with Shugden, seems like he may well be one of the impostors; under Gen-la Dekyong we have had quite a lot of new teachers, anything but Shugden goes people in charge; Len Foley, who I have seen at California Dharma Celebrations and whose wife is supposedly a long term Geshe-la disciple, definitely downplayed the issues to the American mainstream press; he seemed very much like an apologist for the Dalai lama; it seems strange that we could go from what Kelsang Pema would say, which brought points about the forced signature campaign and violence against Shugdens etc., to the forefront to simply that ‘certain shops’ don’t allow Shugdens, and other downplayed information that Foley gives.
- In recent interviews on the ISC news, which is certainly not mainstream news that most people watch, it looks like Foley really still won’t say directly that the practice of Shugden is peaceful, but rather asks something about why the Dalai Lama doesn’t think its peaceful like ‘we say it is.’ I think it’s clear, just like when Gen Atisha with perfect Geshe-la transmissions was replaced with Amy Peng’s zen/rime mixing, that basically under Gen-la Dekyong, we have anything but Shugden in positions of power in the NKT, so people like Len Foley and his RT wife can easily walk into positions of power within the ISC, and hold the mic with press, downplaying the Dalai Lama’s evil ban as much as possible, confusing the issues, etc.; they may pay lip service to us when it isn’tin the international eye (like on the ISC news) but when it comes to news that most of the world will generally be watching, they will help the Dalai Lama come off looking like a rock star.
In short, I am concerned that we in the NKT have been infiltrated by Dalai Lama people who are assuming power under Dekyong; this makes it easy for them to assume power in international events like protests; people that didn’t want the Shugden empowerment at last year’s CADC to go well and allowed for harassment of Shugden practitioners, are the same people that run the protests, allowing our information and phone numbers to be gathered on the registration forms, and blocking us if possible from participation. Furthermore, even after writing the ISC, I still have only received one email about a Protest; I was sent an email telling me about a protest in Italy later that same day; how would that have helped me go to the Protests or even inform others to go? The ISC is clearly mostly not on our team, and I am afraid they may be giving the Dalai Lama/CTA information about our practitioners, both Western and Tibetan.
Thank you for your time; I hope we can act quickly to help restore the NKT to its teachings and help make sure we don’t unwittingly give supposedly Shugden organizations Dalai Lama people masquerading as NKT people. May the ban lift, and may all living beings become Buddhas quickly.